Updated guidelines for play commencing 14th September 2020
Further to the most recent government review regarding COVID 19 and updated SIBA guidelines, the following rules will now apply from Monday 14thSeptember until further notice.
On entering the building everyone must sanitise their hands and check their temperature. If you have a red temperature reading then you must not enter the building. You should call the office to advise the club and also advise your team members.
Only team sponsors and pay to play bowlers are permitted to enter through the main rink doors to prevent crowding at the rink office. All other team members must enter the stadium through the clearly signposted directions in the entrance area.
Once on the rink the following guidelines apply:
- Using rinks 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8
- Unused rinks 3, 6 to allow for ease of movement
- Jack to be set at 3 metres
- No scoreboards to be used
- Scorecards to be filled in and signed by own team only
- Sanitising wipes to be used to clean bowls at the start of the game
- Jack to be set by foot only
- Spray chalk only to be used
- Team to provide own measuring tape and only 1 member of team to use it
- Bowls in the ditch to be left until the owner retrieves them
- If the jack leaves the rink it can only be replaced on the T by the lead only
- Designated person for each team to clean jack and mat at the end of the game
- Masks MUST be worn throughout the building
the only exception being on the rink where it is not compulsory but can still be worn if you prefer to do so